“It is absolutely clear that AI is already part of our lives, and no other technology is going to grow faster than Artificial Intelligence” Ana de Prado & Gabriel Muñoz
AI applied to business advantages
However, accuracy is not the only benefit of applying AI to business, and as Ana and Gabriel explained, it has many other advantages:
- Time-to-market: delivering at the required time in a highly competitive environment. Being the first in a sector can mark the difference.
- Production ready: by focusing on the actual business workflow, you can develop a solution that is integrated into everyday decisions.
- Multi-sector: according to a research conducted by the Harvard Business Review, information technology, marketing, finance and accounting, and customer services are some of the sectors working with AI solutions, though it can be found in any company. As Ana and Gabriel highlighted, the Terminus7 AI-based solution has been implemented in electricity generation prediction, call center classification, train tracking, planet detection, infrastructure monitoring and other areas.
- Automation: a huge volume of resources can be saved thanks to automation.
- Cutting down the times: according to the analysis conducted by Business Insider, powering platforms, apps and interfaces and bots help companies by spending less time on routine administrative tasks, but also on improving strategies or, for example, to create better products.
Accuracy is not the only benefit of applying AI to business, as it has many other advantages.
Deep Learning challenges
Our experts Ana and Gabriel admitted that, even though it is a fascinating topic, this field of expertise presents many challenges. Quality of data is only one of them, as well as volume. Media coverage is also one of these challenges, and news gives an inaccurate image of AI projects, showing only successful ones. Another challenge mentioned by Ana and Gabriel is the opposition between laboratory and production, and the details that must be taken into account, such as those associated with Python, Tensorflow or Keras frameworks. According to Ana, “the perfect framework depends on the customer and on the objective”. But one of the biggest challenges these experts face in their day-to-day work is definitely customer expectations: “Deep Learning (DL, a branch of Artificial Intelligence in which Terminus7 specializes) is not always the best solution for a customer, and we must be honest and explain this to them”, stated Gabriel to the people attending Madrid.AI.
- Analyze whether Deep Learning is the best solution for a business or not.
- Choose the right metric for your business.
- Take into account the time needed for every part of the project.
- Keep in touch with the customer, as much as required.
Do you want to know more? Would you like to know what Terminus7 could do for your business? Let’s talk.
Would you like to know how to apply Artificial Intelligence to your business?
Nowadays, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence solutions have become essential for many projects to succeed, including those in the marketing field.read more
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE In this article you are going to travel through the history of artificial intelligence, but... What is Artificial Intelligence? What has Artificial Intelligence reached in the past? What are appreciable milestones of Artificial Intelligence in...read more
In 2017, 26% of businesses invested more than 15% of their IT budgets on developing machine learning solutions. What is so special about this technology?read more
It seems that everyone is talking about Artificial Intelligence (AI), its benefits and risks, the challenges of this emerging industry and how jobs will be transformed with this technology, but what does it really mean for business right now?read more
MACHINE LERANING Do you know what is Machine Learning? Machine Learning is not something new. However, the machine learning of today has little to do with the automatic learning solutions of the past. Today, thanks to the development of new computer technologies, it...read more